SUPPORT our WORK TO LIFT UP OUR REGION
At Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission, we envision a thriving region where all members are self-reliant, capable of helping themselves and offering support to their neighbors with any life challenges they may face. Donate today!
As we work with families to carry out this vision, we receive many unsolicited cards and letters each year, each with a compelling and heart-warming story to tell.
From a parent of a child in one of our nine Head Start Preschool Centers: “My daughter was enrolled when she was three and graduated [to kindergarten]. She was above other students in her kindergarten class and I give full credit to her teachers at Head Start.”
From a participant in our YouthBuild program, which provides education and job training for at-risk youth: “YouthBuild changed my life. . . The staff was willing to work with me and help in any way they could. By believing in me and the faith they had I’m now drug-free and one test away from my GED and on the road to success.”
From a recipient of financial assistance services at one of our eight Neighborhood Centers: “I am still stunned at how quickly you resolved my problem [utility shut-off]. I don’t have the words to say how much it means to know that the CAC exists. While I hope to be self-sufficient again soon, I will never forget the compassion you showed me.”
From a widow whose home we weatherized: ” Thank you so much for the weatherization repairs, the nice beautiful gas stove, the refrigerator, and doors. I am so proud of them. . . [The] crew was so courteous. May the Lord be with each of you for your wonderful service. When I am warm this winter I will continue to thank God for you all.”
From a senior who frequents one of our Senior Centers “It’s just wonderful to have these friends. We
would not have each other if it weren’t for this place. This place is just a blessing.”
Families who come to Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission – always in need, often in crisis – deserve compassionate, empathetic, and courteous service. We are called to this work and proud of the impact we are able to have for families, for communities.
2016 marked our 50th year serving the Northern Kentucky region, we annually serve 25,000 families and individuals, with such developmental services as early childhood education, job training, energy and other financial assistance, affordable housing, weatherization, child abuse prevention, health services enrollment, and entrepreneurship, in 18 locations across eight (8) counties, with limited services in 18 additional counties.
Won’t you help us with this important work by making your financial contribution and then by spreading the word about the impact we can have in our Northern Kentucky home if we all join together to make a difference!
See another story on Why We Give!
If you would like to support one our programs you can also do so by donating any of the following:
For Lincoln Grant Scholar House
- Books for the Children’s Library
- Kid-friendly computers and educational software for the Children’s Library
- “Move-in” kits to help residents with the cost of moving. Typical items include: (Laundry Basket; Welcome mat/rug for front door; Kitchen towels and pot holders; Dishwasher detergent and dish soap; Paper Towels; Shower curtain and hangers; Bathroom rug; Toilet Paper; Cleaning supplies and wipes; Laundry detergent; Broom, dustpan, mop)
- “Smart” TV for conference/training room
- Volunteer instructors, mentors, and advisory council members
- Nonperishable food and health/hygiene kits (such as shampoo, soap, sanitary products, toothpaste, toothbrushes), paper products and cleaning products (diapers, toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies and wipes) for various programs and client needs
- Bottles, bibs, diapers, wipes, sippy cups
- Bus Passes and/or gas cards
- For participants in our job training programs to help them get to job interviews, work assignments, education classes
- To help families get to medical appointments, therapy, classes
- Family Board games
- Art Supplies
- “Treasure Box” incentives for in-home services (items such as sweet treats, bounce balls, pencils, little stuffed animals, stickers, etc.)
- Portable “smart” TVs on stands for moving between Head Start Classrooms
- Educational computer games for preschool age children
- Gift certificates to hair salons for haircuts for back to school (for kids) or pre-interview (for adults)
- Tickets for family friendly cultural destinations (Cincinnati Zoo, Children’s Museum, Stage performances, Ballet, etc.)
- Books, educational toys, gross motor toys for our Head Start centers, and books for the children to take home, too
- Durable outdoor patio furniture and Dishwasher for our Ludlow Senior Center
- Sewing Machine and DVD player for our Williamstown Senior Center
Many Companies and organizations in Greater Cincinnati offer a matching gift program to support their employees charitable giving. We welcome a partnership with you and your company that fully utilizes this opportunity.
For more information, please call 859-581-6607 or contact Rhonda Chisenhall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Neighbors Need You!
Whether it is financial support of the agency, volunteering with a specific program, or donating food directly to our food pantries, we cannot do the work we do without you. Your support is the key to success for the families we serve. Please consider donating today. A family is waiting for your support.