|HOME > ABOUT NKCAC > EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES > FISCAL CLERK
POSITION TITLE: Fiscal Clerk / Program Data Entry
REPORTS TO: Finance Director
FSLA CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: Fiscal Support services, including accounts payable and cash receipts. Support for daily accounting system functions. Data Entry and data reporting for HeadStart and other program as assigned.
- Provide feedback/clerical support services to agency programs and staff to support NKCAC’s mission to help low income individuals and families develop the knowledge, opportunities and resources they need to achieve self- reliance.
- Accounts Payable Processing: review invoices, ensure proper account coding, prepare vouchers and batch controls in accounting system, print checks, generate accounts payable finance reports, document check issuance and voucher data in appropriate log books, match checks and voucher remittances, place in envelopes and mail.
- Human Service Voucher Processing: Match voucher data/coding from vendor voucher with fiscal human services database, print and reconcile payment reports, batch Human Service vouchers by totaling elements, transaction amounts, vendor codes and voucher amounts for verification purposes, enter batched human Service vouchers into Accounting System, place paid labels on Human Service vouchers processed with checks, match checks and voucher remittances, place in envelopes and mail.
- HeadStart Data Entry/Reporting: Enter required child participant and family information into COPA, the HeadStart tracking system. Generate reports from COPA, assess for completeness and coordinate with other agency staff to obtain and record missing data.
- File vouchers, check stubs and other correspondence as assigned.
- Prepare records for archiving. Verify, total, document and prepare journal entries for in-kind/match submission as assigned.
- File maintenance.
- Data entry/review for other agency programs and program specific databases.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Finance Managers, HeadStart Director, or Finance Director.
- Associate degree in accounting, finance or related field; or equivalent experience in bookkeeping, general office, clerical accounting, accounts payable.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting, experience in Accounting Software, experience in Sage, preferred
- Experience in electronic data processing, particularly spreadsheets and general ledger accounting
- Computer experience, including Microsoft Office and ability to learn specialized computer databases.
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must possess the ability to work with people of diverse and varying socio-economic backgrounds
- Must be able to sit at, read, and input data into a computer for prolonged periods of time up to 100% of the time
*NKCAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We strongly encourage people of Color, people with disabilities, women, bilingual people, and former or current recipients of public assistance to apply for available positions.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and program requirements as required in the completion of this job description and all agency business.
NKCAC IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Send completed Application to:
Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission
717 Madison Avenue
Covington, KY 41011
No phone calls please.
Download employment application
Other Employment Opportunities at NKCAC